Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Porter Pees on Himself

I bought Porter a cute sweatshirt to wear during our last snow storm. It's gray and makes him look like he just finished an especially grueling workout.

Most dog clothes aren't made to correctly fit both the billowing chest of pit bulls as well as their tiny wastes and this was no exception. Manufacturers make garments assuming that if a dog has a huge chest they must also have a huge belly. Not the case in my household.

I decided to test drive the sweatshirt on a particularly cold and blustery day. We walked down to the river and Porter lifted his leg but I didn't see anything come out. Strange considering he hadn't peed at all yet. Then I realized the horror of the situation. Porter had peed alright, just up into the billowing sweatshirt and subsequently all over his own belly and chest.

He was mortified. If dogs could cry he would have been bawling. I felt horrible and immediately undressed him and carried the soiled sweatshirt all the way home.

After washing it, I sewed a dart into the underside and so now Porter can wear it (and pee outside) with pride.

No comments: