Monday, September 8, 2008

Exterminator

My entire building was exterminated the other day, which meant I had to find someplace for Porter and Sadie to hang out for a few hours lest they become high and risk death by fumigation. The easiest option was for Ben to walk them to my friend Kathryn's place in the West Village in the morning after which I would pick them up in the afternoon and hurry home in time to meet their dog walker.

They looked so confused when I arrived. It was hot (Ben forgot to put the air-conditioner on, though he did flip on NPR and set out a bowl of water). Porter had been there before, but Sadie hadn't and she was quietly barking at the commotion of the front door opening from her hiding spot in the bathroom. When Porter saw it was me he started jumping from piece of furniture to piece of furniture in excitement.

We ended up meeting their dog walker in the stairwell of my building. Hectic NYC day was a success.

No comments: